École Saint-Paul de Corail
Priest André Paul Garraud
2020/2021 School year
We believe in the power of Education
Despite the horrible life circumstances that Haiti has been experiencing for several years, we educators will never be discouraged because we believe that education is a weapon. We strongly believe that education is a much more powerful weapon than those used by the bandits.
Yes, we believe in the power of education. It remains that we need to set up an education system adapted to the reality and needs of the Citizens of Haiti. This is why the Management of Ecole Saint-Paul de Corail, together with the other actors, is committed to fighting for a new education system aimed at the training of leaders, development agents, creators of goods and services, entrepreneurs as well as good responsible citizens committed to the development of the country.
Brief evaluation of the 2020-2021 school year
During the school year 2019/2020 Haiti was greatly impacted with the Covid-19 virus. Schools were opened for only 4 months due to restrictions such as curfews and lock-downs leaving us with many gaps to fill in the curriculum. Thanks to the collaboration of the actors and teamwork, we managed to fill the academic gaps and complete almost 2 years of studies in 9 months. All things considered the school year 2020/2021 was a great success.
Other highlights of the year 2020/2021
Modification of the learning system:
- We have succeeded in raising awareness and motivating parents, teachers and students to replace the memorization of lessons with the ability to understand, organize and practice: students work as a team to solve problems of everyday
- The ability for students to speak in French and Creole has improved
- All our students who attended the official Ministry of Education 9th fundamental year of exams were successful like in the prior 2 years
- Our secondary school students are taking initiatives in leading sports, cultural and academic activities
- The rooms of the preschool section and the library is almost finished.
Our challenges and projects
- Training of teachers and educators regarding the long term vision of the school
- Human and material resources to increase the level of French
- Books for the library
- A computer lab
- A science lab
- A platform to provide online learning
506 students attended the school and successfully completed the whole year.
We would like to thank all the benefactors, the members of PEH, especially Helen Pierre, President of PEH, founding members, Dr. Eric Pierre and Mr. Antoine Derose, for their generosity, dedication and courage. We are and will be always grateful to you.
Certificate of Honor and Merit
The Ministry of National Education and Vocational Training of Haiti has rewarded our school,
Ecole Saint-Paul de Corail with a certificate of Honour and Merit for the year 2020/2021.
Well done to all of our students who received 100% in the official 9th grade fundamental exam.