Projects from the beginning…
- In 2002 and 2003 we collected hundreds of toys through school and church donations. These were shipped to Grande Rivière du Nord and distributed to the children there through our partner agency RIVACOM.
- In 2003 we raised funds to send to the Haitian Red Cross to assist those affected by floods in Fonds Verrettes.
- In cooperation with the Le comité ad hoc des Gonaiviens et des Amis des Gonaives, Pierspective sent funds and four containers of supplies to Gonaives after the floods of 2004.
- Pierspective financially supported two orphanages in 2004 and 2005: Enfants d`Haiti, mon frère and Foyer de la Divine Providence. We have also raised funds to assist a seniors’ home, Asile des Desmunis.
- In 2005 we also sent containers of medical equipment including hospital beds, tables, medical and dental supplies to Hôpital de la Grande Rivière and to the ICC (International Child Care Canada).
- In 2008- 2009 we sent a shipment of computers and books which was distributed in Port-au-Prince by our partner agency RIVACOM.
- After the devastation of the 2010 earthquake we raised funds which we sent to the Haitian Red Cross.
- The From Tents to Schools Committee under the auspices of Pierspective Entraide Humanitaire, held a fundraising bazaar in June 2010 at Yorkminster Park Baptist Church and another in August 2010 at St. Michael and All Angels Church. The proceeds from both bazaars were directed to school construction in Corail.
- MILKBAGSunlimited is a Toronto based group of individuals under the auspices of Pierspective Entraide Humanitaire, a registered Canadian charity, founded by Dr. Eric Pierre. The key component of MILKBAGSunlimited is the empowerment of people through the creation of micro-businesses, i.e., to create a sustainable income for their families. The platform we have developed included a short training program and a toolkit of materials (milk bags, crochet hooks, scissors) so that the people can create and sell a variety of milk bag items such as mats, tote bags, slippers, etc. 120 haitian women participated in the program.
After the 2010 Earthquake, PEH shifted their resources to help a deserving community in Corail that suddenly faced a crisis. They saw a way to help the community by providing for the growing number of young children displaced to the area. With the help of the local community, PEH created the initiative “Building a Brighter Future through Education” and decided on an epic project: construction of a school for 400 young children. However the school is not completed.
The project is in urgent need of funds to continue and complete the construction of the school.
- February 2011 – Construction plan and budget approved for school St-Paul de Corail-Cesselesse
- September 2011 – Constructions begins
- 2013 – With Aide Mutuelle pour un Environment Nouveau (AMEN), our partner located in Haiti, we opened the first two classes at St. Paul de Corail Cesselesse.
- 2014 – Three more classes opened at the school and served 165 students. The school also served as an educational facility for adults and community sports’ center in the evening.
- 2015 – 330 students attended the school that year!
- 2016 – The 2nd floor of the school was completed and 5 more classes were added. 410 students were served by 20 teachers!
- 2017 – 440 students now attend the school. However, the school is still not completed. The project is in urgent need of funds to continue and complete the construction of the school:
- 2019 More than 560 children now attend the school. Although the building is complete, the school continues to need funds to finish the walls, floors and ceilings. In 2019 PEH sent 2 shipments of dental equipment, French books and laptops/tablets. Our mid term goal is to make the school a hub of community life with health care facilities, library and computer centre. We envision as well, a future in which the school will serve the needs of the community through sports, adult education and spiritual life. Decent toilet facilities for the children are also an urgent need.The project continues to be in desperate need of funds.Our immediate goals are
- Finish the walls, ceilings and floors.
- Install a clean drinkable water system
- Install toilet facilities for the children
- Provide electricity to the school with a generator or solar panels
- Provide school supplies and materials for students and teachers.With your support we can plaster and paint the walls and furnish the school with proper equipment for learning in 2020
our caring team and donate!
The walls, ceilings and floors are still bare and exposing the brick
Installation of a clean drinkable water system
School supplies and material for students and teachers.
With your support we can plaster and paint the walls and furnish the school with proper learning equipment in 2018! Please be part of the change in Haiti, donate!