Our past projects from the beginning…
- In 2002 and 2003 we collected hundreds of toys through school and church donations. These were shipped to Grande Rivière du Nord and distributed to the children there through our partner agency RIVACOM.
- In 2003 we raised funds to send to the Haitian Red Cross to assist those affected by floods in Fonds Verrettes.
- In cooperation with the Le comité ad hoc des Gonaiviens et des Amis des Gonaives, Pierspective sent funds and four containers of supplies to Gonaives after the floods of 2004.
- Pierspective financially supported two orphanages in 2004 and 2005: Enfants d`Haiti, mon frère and Foyer de la Divine Providence. We have also raised funds to assist a seniors’ home, Asile des Desmunis.
- In 2005 we also sent containers of medical equipment including hospital beds, tables, medical and dental supplies to Hôpital de la Grande Rivière and to the ICC (International Child Care Canada).
- In 2008- 2009 we sent a shipment of computers and books which was distributed in Port-au-Prince by our partner agency RIVACOM.
- After the devastation of the 2010 earthquake we raised funds which we sent to the Haitian Red Cross.
- The From Tents to Schools Committee under the auspices of Pierspective Entraide Humanitaire, held a fundraising bazaar in June 2010 at Yorkminster Park Baptist Church and another in August 2010 at St. Michael and All Angels Church. The proceeds from both bazaars were directed to school construction in Corail.
- MILKBAGSunlimited is a Toronto based group of individuals under the auspices of Pierspective Entraide Humanitaire, a registered Canadian charity, founded by Dr. Eric Pierre. The key component of MILKBAGSunlimited is the empowerment of people through the creation of micro-businesses, i.e., to create a sustainable income for their families. The platform we have developed included a short training program and a toolkit of materials (milk bags, crochet hooks, scissors) so that the people can create and sell a variety of milk bag items such as mats, tote bags, slippers, etc. 120 haitian women participated in the program.
Pierspective Entraide Humanitaire
902 Bathurst St.
Toronto M5R 3G3